Direct Sales TIP: Give her reasons to call back
A sales lady left this message in my voicemail:
“Hi, It’s Amanda again and I would appreciate it if you can call me back. Thank you.”
I don’t know this person. She hasn’t given me info on who she is or why she was calling. But one thing is for sure, she hasn’t given me any reasons to call her back.
You see, I don’t owe her a call back. I don’t care about whatever it is she is calling about. It is her JOB to make me want to call back. I am busy, and I don’t call people without knowing what they want from me and why.
I know it’s asking too much, but in this day and age when time is as limited as money; there’s not enough to go around.
I can understand her frustration because I am also in sales, however, there are better ways to get a call back from your prospects besides simply hounding them. And I’ve put some of my tips here for you.
5 Ways To Get Return Calls From Prospects
1. Think like them. Ask yourself why they should surrender their time to call you, and work your message to make them WANT to call you back.
2. Speak like a journalist instead of a sales person. Put your headline at the top and details at the end. Value comes first.
3. Be clear and concise, or don’t bother. State your name, what the call is about, what’s in it for them, and how to reach you. Repeat your phone number twice.
4. Do not leave your company name. No one cares about your company. And it actually makes them not to call you back. A name and why you are calling is good enough. But they want to know what you can do for them.
Here are some hot scripts for you: “Hi Agnes, this is Sue, I have the information you wanted.” “Hi Agnes, this is Sue, I am offering 40% off the product you wanted, just for today and thought I’d let you know.”
5. Ask questions. “Hi Agnes, did you get the information I sent you about possibly saving $500 this month? If not, please call me so I can resend it to you.”
You want more tips? Download the 25 Ways To Grow Your Direct Sales Business. It’s FREE!