In my e-book 25 Ways To Grow Your Direct Sales & Network Marketing Business, I talked about attracting the ideal recruit for your dream business.
And I am going to elaborate more in here. By the way, if you haven’t downloaded that FREE ebook – you should go ahead and read that first. Full of tips you can used right away.
The name of the game is to recruit the IDEAL TEAM MEMBER. Someone who truly “get it” and will require very little hand-holding and motivation. Because you and I know, we run a business and household at the same time, so our life is… busy!
Don’t Just Recruit Warm Bodies
The biggest mistake I ever made when I was starting out in direct sales was to recruit everyone that expressed interest. I found out later that it was very stressful and not profitable at all. Marie Forleo said:
“If you are talking to everybody, you are talking to nobody.”
There are “wannabies” who dream of becoming rich but don’t want to work for it – who jumps from one opportunity to another, looking for that jackpot. And often times, we are so desperate for recruits that we just grab anybody who express interest, then get so frustrated and disaffected when they don’t deliver. Sounds familiar?
Here are steps to getting the best ever team player to help you reach your goals:
1. Be professional. People are always checking you out to see if you are someone they should work with. If you are sloppy, you will attract sloppy people.
2. Send out the right message: “I am currently interviewing people I can work with who are looking to change their lifestyle and expand…”
3. Interview the prospects and ask them powerful questions such as:
- What are you goals in life?
- How have you tried to achieve these goals?
- How much money are you willing to make? Why? [get their why and story].
- What’s your idea of building an empire?
These questions will eliminate those who are vague about their life and goals.
Now I’d love to hear from you.
What are some of the most challenging things you’ve ever had in building your team? How have you able to overcome it?
Thanks in advance for sharing with love and kindness, your comment may help others who are struggling with the same issue.