What do you do when your prospect tells you: your product is too expensive?
I’ve seen amateurs get defensive when asked this question— they even argue with the prospects. Don’t feel bad if you’ve done this because most of us have. In fact, I’ve done it myself when I was new in the business.
But I learned through my retail sales training not to argue. Never argue with prospects or customers, because you are much more likely to get a YES, if you agree with them.
Learn to stay cool and turn that objections to YES!
Here are some examples of how to handle such objections:
Customer: This is too expensive.
- Yes, it’s true, that’s when you know it’s the best.
- Yes, you are right, that’s how much quality stuff costs.
- Yes, you are right, that’s because it’s not available anywhere else and you will be the only person who’ll have it and your friends will be jealous.
- Yes, that’s true because there’s nothing like it in the market.
And don’t forget to smile.
Customer: I don’t have the money.
- Yes, I understand, that’s why hosting a party is such a good way to get them for free.
- Yes I understand, that’s why I joined this business to get deep discount and freebies.
Again, remember to smile and then close with these closing statements:
- So, which one do you prefer to have? The yellow or the green?
- So, how would you like to pay for it?
- How soon do you need this buy?
Now it’s your turn…
Have you ever been lost on what to say to a prospect when asked these questions? Use the comment box below to share….
You may also like this: DIRECT SELLERS GUIDE TO HANDLING OBJECTIONS